Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Car Line Chaos

 At my school, I have morning duty.  This means that every morning as students arrive to school, I have a varying position and job, which I need to be responsible for.  My current morning duty is the car line in the morning.  I usher dozens of cars through the front of the building, feeling somewhat like a traffic cop, and then open and close doors for arriving students.

Lately, I have noticed that there are a few parents who  will watch their child walk all the way into the building as they are driving their cars through the line.  I mean, wouldn't you think that it is difficult to drive when you are backwards over your shoulder?  Now I can't help but consider why they feel the need to watch their child... Do they have separation anxiety?  Are they thinking their child might trip and fall on the way in and require their love?  Are they afraid that another child will beat them up?  That someone will take them away?  That a vicious wild animal will attack?



Seriously parents... THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!  Please look forward when you drive your car so that you don't cause some sort of crazy accident, while you're imagining your child being scooped up by an eagle.  


No comments:

Post a Comment